ABOUT GROWTH OPERATORS™:
Are you looking for control over your career? Do you enjoy a variety of work in multiple industries?
At Growth Operators:
- Our purpose is to empower growth for our clients.
- Our vision is to be the premier finance and human resources advisory firm for growing companies.
- Our mission is to deploy our collective knowledge and expertise to propel our clients to higher levels of performance.
Our clients hire Growth Operators because we are different. Our people are experienced, industry-proven professionals that we call Growth Pros. We provide finance and human resources transformation services that empower our clients to create sustainable growth and value, and we approach our work with our sleeves rolled up. Come grow your career with us!
We are seeking a finance professional with prior experience as a Controller who is passionate about driving business results and delivering high quality client service.
Growth Operators is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This is a critical role for our team. You will be a key asset to our clients and assist them on engagements that require a variety of skills at the Controller level:
- Advise, recommend and implement best accounting and finance practice
- Provide oversight of all accounts, ledgers and reporting system
- Develop and monitor accounting policies as required
- Implement appropriate internal controls
- Assist the Client’s accounting team, revenue, expenditures, cash, and payroll
- Issue timely, accurate, and complete financial statements and analysis monthly and provide the management team with timely reviews of organization’s financial status
- Assist in streamlining accounting processes and procedures post-acquisition
- Cash and treasury management including bank reporting, cash forecasting, bank account maintenance, and banking relationship building
- Lead and coordinate all external financial audit activities and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA (Active or Inactive) and/or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and reporting experience
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel, various accounting and ERP systems
- Enjoy working with multiple clients in a variety of industries
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment with clients and internal team
- Reside in the Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN area
- Quickbooks or NetSuite experience
- Background in mergers, acquisitions and integrations
- Prior engagements in consulting or contract work
- Experience working with private equity-backed companies
Note: This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role. It is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, tasks, and duties that might be required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position with some flexibility on work schedule and location.
- The work is performed remotely during COVID. Post COVID, the work will be preformed remotely, at Growth Operators office, and on-site at client locations.
Work Environment/ Travel Post COVID
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
- This role is performed in a professional office environment and requires travel to client sites, post COVID
- Travel is primarily local during the business day; some out-of-town and overnight travel is expected, post COVID