ABOUT GROWTH OPERATORS™:
Are you looking for control over your career? Do you enjoy a variety of work in multiple industries?
At Growth Operators:
- Our purpose is to empower growth for our clients.
- Our vision is to be the premier finance and human resources advisory firm for growing companies.
- Our mission is to deploy our collective knowledge and expertise to propel our clients to higher levels of performance.
Our clients hire Growth Operators because we are different. Our people are experienced, industry-proven professionals that we call Growth Pros. We provide finance and human resources transformation services that empower our clients to create sustainable growth and value, and we approach our work with our sleeves rolled up. Come grow your career with us!
We are seeking a finance professional with 10 plus years of experience holding the Chief Financial Officer seat and who is passionate about helping transform businesses through the finance function.
Growth Operators is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
This is a Principal level role within Growth Operators that is client facing, serving as the Chief Financial Officer to Growth Operators’ clients. Services are provided in the form of outsourced services (interim or fractional roles with clients) and advisory services (specific projects). Work performed by the Chief Financial Officer on client engagements may include the following:
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive management team.
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting, budgets, and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting.
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning.
- Establish and develop relationships with senior management and external partners and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be experienced at engaging with staff at all levels within the organization and exercise sound judgement.
Note: This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role. It is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, tasks, and duties that might be required.
Required Qualifications and Core Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA (Active or Inactive) and/or MBA preferred
- 20+ years of finance and accounting experience
- 10+ years in the CFO chair and managing a team.
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel, various accounting and ERP systems
- Enjoy working with multiple clients in a variety of industries
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment with client and internal team
- Experience working in mergers & acquisitions
- Experience working with institutionally-backed companies
- Must be based in the Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN area
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position with some flexibility on work schedule and location.
- The work is performed remotely during COVID. Post COVID, the work will be performed remotely, at Growth Operators office, and on-site at client locations.
Work Environment/ Travel Post COVID
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
- This role is performed in a professional office environment and requires travel to client sites, post COVID
- Travel is primarily local during the business day; some out-of-town and overnight travel is expected, post COVID