ABOUT GROWTH OPERATORS™:
Are you looking for control over your career? Do you enjoy a variety of work in multiple industries?
At Growth Operators:
- Our purpose is to empower growth for our clients.
- Our vision is to be the premier finance and human resources advisory firm for growing companies and the institutions that own them.
- Our mission is to deploy our collective knowledge and expertise to propel our clients to higher levels of performance.
Our clients hire Growth Operators because we are different. Our people are experienced, industry-proven professionals that we call Growth Pros. We provide finance and human resources transformation services that empower our clients to create sustainable growth and value, and we approach our work with our sleeves rolled up. Come grow your career with us!
We are seeking a finance professional with prior experience as a Director of Financial Planning & Analytics who is passionate about analyzing business results and uncovering drivers of past and potential future performance.
Growth Operators is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Director of Financial Planning & Analytics
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Director of Financial Planning & Analytics serves Growth Operators’ clients in a leadership role, directing and overseeing the financial planning and business intelligence functions. Services are provided in the form of advisory services (specific projects) and outsourced services (interim or fractional roles with clients). Work performed by the Director of Planning & Analytics on client engagements may include the following:
- Contributes to strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the business in collaboration with senior management.
- Responsible for improving the organization’s budgeting, planning, forecasting, analytics, and reporting capabilities.
- Experienced in assessing and providing recommendations on how the mix of people, processes and technology can improve an organizations financial reporting; and how to implement efficiencies and improvements in these
- Develops key performance indicators measuring the financial health of the organization or assigned units or functions.
- Reviews past and current financial performance against budgeted estimates and develops models that assist management in understanding the financial impact of business decisions.
- Develops strategies meant to assist the organization in meeting its long-term financial objectives.
- Overhaul and/ or create policies, practices, and procedures for sustained performance improvement.
Note: This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role. It is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, tasks, and duties that might be required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position with some flexibility on work schedule and location.
- The work is performed at client locations, at Growth Operators offices, and on-site at client locations.
Work Environment/ Travel
- This role is performed in a professional office environment and requires travel to client sites. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day; some out-of-town and overnight travel is expected.
Required Qualifications and Core Competences
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 10 plus years of accounting or finance experience
- 5 years of management/ leadership experience
- Ability to develop and mentor others
- Ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills
- Analytical thinker and is detail oriented
- Strong decision-making skills
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with planning & analytics software (PowerBI, Workday Adaptive Planning, Board, Anaplan, etc.)
- Experience with process automation software (Altryx, Incorta, etx).
- Experience with visual data platforms (PowerBI, Tableau, Sisense, etc)
- Experience with database applications
- Deep experience preparing financial reports and presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Reside in the Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN area