ABOUT GROWTH OPERATORS™:
Are you looking for control over your career? Do you enjoy a variety of work in multiple industries?
At Growth Operators:
- Our purpose is to empower growth for our clients.
- Our vision is to be the premier finance and human resources advisory firm for growing companies.
- Our mission is to deploy our collective knowledge and expertise to propel our clients to higher levels of performance.
Our clients hire Growth Operators because we are different. Our people are experienced, industry-proven professionals that we call Growth Pros. We provide finance and human resources transformation services that empower our clients to create sustainable growth and value, and we approach our work with our sleeves rolled up. Come grow your career with us!
We are seeking a finance professional with prior experience serving in operating and advisory capacities and who is passionate about helping transform businesses through the finance function.
Growth Operators is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VP of Finance/ Financial Advisory Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
This is a Principal level role within Growth Operators that is client facing and serving as the VP of Finance/ Financial Advisory Services to Growth Operators’ clients. Services are provided in the form of advisory services (specific projects) and outsourced services (interim or fractional roles with clients). Work performed by the VP of Finance/ Financial Advisory on client engagements may include the following:
Finance and Accounting Transformation:
- Provide leadership, direction. and management of the client’s finance and accounting team.
- Advise, recommend, and implement best accounting and finance policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO/President and members of the executive management team.
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets as well as oversee the preparation of all financial reporting.
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning.
- Establish and develop relationships with senior management, external partners, and stakeholders.
- Lead and coordinate external financial audit activities and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Support M&A activity, including systems, and functional integration.
- Streamline accounting processes and procedures, post-acquisition.
- Finance and accounting function due diligence.
- Prepare financial models to support decision-making for investment decisions and mergers & acquisitions.
- Proforma and scenario modeling and analysis; cash forecasting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be experienced at engaging with staff at all levels within the organization and exercise sound judgement.
Note: This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role. It is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, tasks, and duties that might be required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position with some flexibility on work schedule and location.
- The work is performed at client locations, at Growth Operators’ office, and on-site at client locations.
Work Environment/ Travel
- This role is performed in a professional office environment and requires travel to client sites. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day; some out-of-town and overnight travel is expected.
Required Qualifications and Core Competences
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA (Active or Inactive) and/or solid knowledge of GAAP.
- 15+ years of finance and accounting experience
- Background in mergers, acquisitions, and integrations
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel, various accounting, and ERP systems
- Experience in a variety of industries
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment with client and internal team
- Must be based in the Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN area
- Experience in operating accounting and/ or finance roles.
- Prior engagements in consulting or contract work
- Prior experience in project management